Saturday, June 6, 2009

C R A Z I E S T wedding EVER!

We had the most insane wedding tonight and had to blog about it right away.

First- we're doing the photos after the ceremony and I think to myself, "I'll get a shot from on top of the lifeguard tower." The sand in front was messy, so I wanted to drag it over a few feet. I handed the camera to Brandon and started to try to tip it over to move it (done this hundreds of times as a kid). The groom comes over to help and gets on the other side and picks his end up. This throws the balance off and the whole tower starts to fall on top of me! I yell out. "RICKY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME???" but it's too late and I end up pinned on the beach by the tower! I could NOT budge the thing and I'm calling out to my assistants to get it off me. Brandon and Ricky (groom) lift it up enough that I can slide out unharmed. I look at Ricky like WTF??? He felt soooo bad, it was funny. I just started cracking up, Brandon wanted to do it again because he didn't get any photos, Jenna was just stunned at what happened! Definitely one of the stangest things to happen to me at a wedding. I ended up getting the shot I wanted though :)

Second thing- The reception venue is on the top floor of a hotel, there's nothing else up there. When you come off the elevator, there's a long hall leading to the dining room and that's where the gifts were stacked up, including the box for the wedding cards.
Some guy comes up and STEALS the box of cards!!! Two cousins of the groom see him headed down the hall and chase him down eight flights of steps to the lobby. They catch him, BEAT HIM, and throw him through a plate glass window in the lobby! The cops come, arrest him, but first have to take him to the hospital for a broken jaw and giant gash in his back!

Third thing (and I only heard the story, but it happened last night)- The bride's grandmother drank too much and got sick in the toilet. After she flushed it, she realized her TEETH just got flushed! Maintenance had to come and take the toilet out, crack it open, and free her teeth! This morning, she shows her son that she has her teeth back and he says, "Now that's a shit-eating grin if I ever saw one."

To top it all off, Brandon (associate photographer), is out on the dance floor dancing with the bridesmaids then slow dancing with a guest! She asked if it was okay for him to dance while working and I told her I was fine with that LOL!

That's not all- strip tease garter placement, amazing toasts (maid of honor was in tears), cake smashing, and "rad" shots out on the balcony LOL! Here's a few shots of the "crime scene" and a preview of the wedding photos is here' http://www.samellis.com/gallery/8467506_n4Fz3


No comments:

Become a fan on facebook!