Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Choosing the right wedding photographer- Wedding Wednesday

When you're planning a wedding, there are thousands of decisions to make, but I believe one of the most important ones is choosing your photographer. I know it's cliché, but once the flowers have wilted, the cake and food are gone, and the music stops, all you have left are the photographs. Well, and a video, so the same tips apply :) Make sure you pick the right photographer, here's some tips for you:

  • Look at the photographer's full body of work and look at a few complete weddings and album designs. Anyone can take a couple good photographs throughout a day, but can they consistently take great photographs throughout the entire wedding? 
  • Find someone whose style you like, don't assume that they will change to fit what you want.
  • Meet with them in person if possible. While a lot of my clients come from out of the area, most still meet with me before booking me for their wedding. If you can't meet in person, at least talk on the phone or even Skype. It's the best way to get a feel if you're going to get along with the person or not. You'll be spending a lot of time with your photographer, you want to get along.
  • Ask around. Other vendors will tell you if a photographer is good or not. You can also look at online reviews such as Wedding Wire.
Don't just take my word for it, here's what a past client had to say:
I got engaged in September 2012 and was married in September 2013. After we had locked down our wedding date, I went online and researched several photographers as we were to be married in Rehoboth Beach. 
My fiancĂ© and I met with Sam on the same day after interviewing 2 other photographers, who were both lacking the professionalism I was looking for. 
When we got to Sam's studio we were blown away. He had music playing, wedding photos displayed everywhere, and he literally sold us with his affordable wedding day packages and easy going attitude. 
He was extremely responsive the months leading up to the wedding day - AND afterwards. 
One piece of advice I received when choosing a photographer was on your wedding day you want someone who isn't going to cause added stress. Not only did Sam and his team take amazing pictures but we all had a lot of laughs together throughout the day and into the night. 
He also had our wedding photos posted up on the website in a few weeks - the turnaround was awesome. 
I couldn't recommend Sam Ellis more. 
To see what other clients have to say, check out my WeddingWire page.

No comments:

Become a fan on facebook!