Saturday, March 28, 2009

First wedding of 2009

And so begins the 2009 wedding season! Winter is generally a slow time of year for me, why doesn't anyone want to get married at the beach in December, January, or February? OK, I did have one in December, but that's rare.
The wedding took place in this little church in a tiny town outside of OC called Bishopville. After the ceremony, it was off to the boardwalk (via anything but a direct route) to get some shots at a place with some fond memories for them- Ripley's Believe it or Not! We got some shots on the boardwalk, then off to the Golden Sands for the reception. Eileen and the crew did a fantastic job with the food, DJ Rupe (well, his substitute, Rupe's probably in the islands or watching spring training somewhere) did a great job getting the dancefloor hopping, and we experimented with some new lighting techniques (the backlit dance shot for example).
I'm bummed because the next one's not for another month! I had an April wedding booked, but something fell through (I didn't ask questions). I'm looking forward to having a party every weekend again. Weddings are so much fun!






No comments:

Become a fan on facebook!